Many vitamin, mineral, and amino supplements are not well absorbed by the body when taken orally. For some people, barriers may exist in the gastrointestinal tract preventing adequate absorption. Administering nutrients via an injection or intravenously (IV) allows for much higher doses of these nutrients to be infused directly into the body.
Intravenous Nutrient Formulas can be used by infusion clinics to:
- Provide nutrition to patients who cannot consume food due to illness
- Improve athletic performance & reduce muscle fatigue
- Provide relief of hangover symptoms
- Alleviate alcohol and/or drug withdrawal symptoms (Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome)
- Enhance immune function against viral and bacterial infection
- Improve energy and reduce fatigue
Customized Myers Cocktail
Myers Cocktail is a commonly used base formula used in intravenous infusion and contains specific vitamins and minerals combined in a saline bag. The original Myers cocktail was developed by the late Dr. John Myers and consists of magnesium, calcium, B vitamins, and vitamin C. Empower Pharmacy offers each ingredient that is used to create a Myers Cocktail. Clinics can create a custom “modified” Myers by adding additional ingredients or by adjusting the concentration of each ingredient. The pharmacy will supply formula directions to assist with the mixing of ingredients for the basic formula.